Imagination is a Meme

No.3589907 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Convince me that drawing from imagination isn't the easiest way to draw.

You guys spend so much time "practicing" imagination drawing when it's the simplest way to draw. There's no wrong way to do it, the only people that tell you otherwise are spergs.

When you draw from life, you actually have a template in front of you for a wrong and right way to do it. Take this drawing I did today for example. If I screwed up the measurements, you guys would savage me for it, but since "imagination" drawing has no measurements, it's just you drawing whatever the fuck you want, there's no way to screw it up.

I could've measured the leg wrong, I could've gotten the negative space wrong, I could've gotten the perspective wrong. None of that is even possible if you draw from your head since you don't have a reference you need to translate. It's just whatever the fuck you want.

And all the people who praise people who draw from their heads are just as lazy as the people that make a living doing it. "Anime" is easy. "Concept art" is easy. "Animation" is easy. There's nothing in front of you to measure your success by.

It's borderline propaganda like the abstract art that Pollock did. It's so fucking simple to do, but because some people fake it better than others they can make a career out of it.

The ultimate goal of "imagination" drawing is to trick people into thinking you can actually draw, instead of putting in the hard work and learning it in earnest.

>Ruan Jia's sketchbooks from that video
>"He's a master"

You guys aren't gonna make it