A few extra details:
- in the script, zaShunina explicitly says that it was Shindo who taught him to lie; he draws a rather depressing lesson from it>From now on, I shall lie to mankind as well.
- he quickly realizes that the happy ending he wished for is not going to happen, but his last words to Shindo (while Shindo is dying) are telling>"Won't you join me in the anisotropic?">They both know the answer to that.
- as zaShunina sees it, the ultimate goal of an intimate relationship is deep, thorough information exchange; death of one or both parties ends the process, but it can be acceptable if there is nothing more to exchange
- Shindo maintained his friendship with Hanamori because their interactions made him feel "normal"; he knew that many people saw him as crazy (or at least very odd) and he suspected he might be
- Yukika seems nicer in the script; she has a similar mild, smiley disposition as zaShunina