Anon's Guide to /y/ for the Socially Impaired

No.2650912 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Summer is almost over but it seems nobody bothered to hold an orientation for new posters.

To start, /y/ is a community for sharing interests (yaoi) with like-minded people. It's about the company, not the collections. 4chan in general seems to attract some over-zealous and socially inept personalities, so I'll explain the nuance behind being good company.

•Treating /y/ as a human-powered search engine is offensive, and implies you won't be participating.
•Duplicate threads can be seen as offensive; implying the "other" thread isn't good enough for you.
•Curating the board is offensive; implying OP is responsible for entertaining you.

The board's sticky is only a suggestion to give new posters an idea of how to contribute. It's not a true reflection of the board's active community. What actual contributors do is very different from the wishes of idle spectators. Pls report any posters acting as hallway monitors e.g. ">>>r" and "read the rules" as low quality posts. They're unnecessary and declaring an intention not to participate. It's rude. The lack of "# of starting images" is not a barrier to participate. Expecting group contributions is not a "request", it's the point the social platform.
An overactive immune system that attacks itself is never a good thing.

That said, an OP should try to make a new thread attractive to encourage contributions. Unironic "Spoonfeed Me" threads are just the opposite.
"My thread; My Rules" is also repulsive, not to mention oppressive. It could result in duplicate threads without conditions like "no fembois". A dup thread in this case is understandable and acceptable, however, be prepared to deal with senseless screeching autistic sith lords who will see this as violating their unholy need for structure and wiseass technical interpretations which they'll flag as "wrong". 4chan is very lenient when it comes to the cognitive in-flexible, however, the offense is relative and should still be reported.