No.14406201 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Scientifically speaking, is there any way to fully recover from sleeping 5 to 6 hours a night for over 2 years? When I became a wagie after being NEET / part-time worker until 25, I got a factory job (was told it was a "lab testing" job kek) and was told it was 7 to 4. I knew that I would hate waking up that early and I wouldn't do it but I took the job cause I was desperate. Of course being the piece of shit I was so just started sleeping less going to bed at 11 instead of midnight and waking up at 5:30 then later 6 when the job moved. I fell asleep standing up several times til I got yelled at and started drinking coffee after about 3 months. One cup, free in the break room, every day on my first break. After 6 months I was hiking in the woods and realized I felt completely dissociated from reality. Like I wasn't there. A month later the sleepiness finally disappeared entirely. Just felt more and more numb..sometimes I would lucid dream. I had a few dreams about working in a different place for a single day when my job moved between places, even though that never happened. Also would have dreams of sitting at my computer and suddenly the power goes out and weird numbers start flashing on screens and alarm clocks go off. Or I'm in a forest in a tunnel of trees, every dark, and there's this howling wind and screaming and I woke up with myclonic jerk. This went away over a year ago. Now I just feel numb..if I quit my job and stop drinking coffee and fix my sleep schedule will I ever recover? I used to write music but my creative spark is gone. I've missed over 1500 hours of sleep..I also have tinnitus from exposure to 70dB hissing air for over 4000 hours.