Ease of swtiching majors

No.13795724 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I initially applied to Civil Engineering and wanted to focus specifically in the field of transportation, didn't have enough points as they require a specific amount of points based on high school grades (europe). Ended up being admitted to Materials Science/engineering instead which was my 7th choice, 3 months in and it still doesn't interest me, it's just not my thing. Currently have a course called "Material Design" where we have to pass 3 different 15-minute quizzes on Canvas, I completed the first two quizzes with some help of a friend in my programme who is genuinely interested in this major, but I happened to fail the third last quiz (just pass or fail) and if I don't pass the re-quz tomorrow I'll have to wait next year just to pass this base course and I fucking hate it rn.

I want to switch badly but then I'll have to re-apply based on my high school grades again next year.

On top off that I have a slight off topic question, how do I study single-variable calculus and get a hold of it because where I'm from we just learn pre-calc in final year of high school/secondary school where we are allowed to use a formula sheet on exams but after that we immediately start studying single-variable calculus if choose to attend a 5-year "engineering" programme and no formulas are allowed. Like they skipped the entire "Basic Calculus" as a whole and I'm so confused because my lazy ass brain is used to having a formula sheet ready but now that i'm studying single-variable calc without any formula sheet I'm losing hope that I'll ever get a hold of it. I was told by a senior 3rd year student at my uni that Calc 1 and Calc 2 are equivalent to our single-variable calc course, so I've been watching some videos from Prof. Leonard, they were helpful and informative but I'm still worried and anxious whether I'll be able to get a hold of it.