No.11473883 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>If global temperatures go up 1 or 2 degrees on average it will be the end of life as we know it.
This is the one thing I could never grasp about climate change. Again, accepting and understanding all other things, predictions and claims. Assume temperature does go up 1 or 2 degrees ON AVERAGE, WORLDWIDE. Walk me through exactly how this means the end of life.

From the NOAA graph we see that compared to 100 years ago temperatures have already gone up by about 1 °C or so. Which ecosystems were so fine tuned that they just completely disappeared because of that? Which species went extinct? I can think of several that died due to hunting or shit, but not because of a 1 degree change on average.

Reminding you that an average change doesn't mean every day will be 1 degree hotter. So biological processes would need to be extremely fine tuned to "average" temperatures instead of the absolute value of temperatures on each given day. A chicken egg doesn't give a fuck about the "averaged temperature" over a month. It can surely take a 2 degree increase for a few days, as well as a 2 degree decrease. Life on earth couldn't exist otherwise.