No.10153962 ViewReplyOriginalReport
How do I start thinking in images? I've noticed that people who think using images in their heads tend to be sharper, faster, and better in conversations. For example, my younger sister once came to me and asked why the top of her head felt so weak. I answered with, "Well, because that's where the four parts of the skull fuse together during development." At the same time pointing to where they would be on my skull. She replied with "wait, wouldn't that mean there are four cracks? One down the middle and one across the top?"

At this moment I was shocked. I wondered, how was she able to point that out so quickly? I responded with "I don't really know I'm an idiot." and then googled a human skull to in fact show her that there was a hole. Turns out there are only three main parts that fuse. But it still shocked me that she was able to imagine the words I spoke so quickly. She's an artist, and she spends a lot of time drawing manga styled art...

Another example that comes to mind is from this debate between an anonymous fellow and Ben Shapiro. The fellow says that makes an argument that it takes relationships and consciousness to be human. Ben brings up case of a person who is unable to consent, say after a car accident. The fellow replies with something along the lines of "then it should be up to the family to decide what should happen." Ben adds another clause questioning what would happen if the fellow was in this coma for say... 9 months. The crowd starts laughing because it pieces together Ben's argument in the most perfect way.

Here's the clip if you're interested. It's only 4 minutes long
https://youtu.be/ZF3cUjl2WG0