No offense but I think art is pointless, and have a low opinion of artists.

No.5698341 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have a very low opinion of art. They offer no impact when it comes to the survival of the human race.

What have painters, musicians, and actors/actresses provided? Why is Jennifer Lawrence, Benedict Cumberbatch, Pablo Picasso, Banksi, Michael Jackson, Nikki Sixx, etc. put on a higher pedestal than Sir Isaac Newton, James Clarke Maxwell, Marie Curie, Erwin Schrodinger, etc. in society nowadays?

Those listed in the latter list have all contributed to the survival of the human race. For example, it is through Newton's Laws that planes fly. Maxwell's equations explain how cell phones, radios, etc. work. Without Marie Curie giving her life, we never would have invented x-ray machines. Without Einstein, we wouldn't have a proper GPS satellite system in place, for we must add corrections for relativistic time dilation. Let's not also forget to mention the countless hours our engineers spent building instruments that have all improved our lives in some way or another.

Why should I care about art and artists? They've done nothing. It is a shame that we can name grammy and oscar winners, but cannot name the 2013 Nobel Laureates in physics, medicine, and economics.