animaton career advice

No.5335987 ViewReplyOriginalReport
made this thread on /adv/ but was told to post here instead.
i'm a third year in an animation/illustration course. at this stage, i feel like i just want nothing to do with the industry. the more i learn about how animation studios work, and the more i interact with other people in this area i just get more and more put off pursuing my career.

everyone in my class seems like they are just there to make some nice stuff for their portfolio so they can go get a job, which is fine in and of itself. but no one seems to care about what they are actually making, if it means anything, if they have something to say with their work/whether they should say it or not. rarely anyone asks questions or wants to discuss anything in detail. they will just say things like 'i love the colours' or 'nice linework', and just end the conversation there. its so frustrating to me.

i understand animation and filmmaking is essentially a business, but i thought in college at least there would be opportunities to bond with other people, bounce ideas off each other, work on projects together etc..

i only have one more year left. i really feel like i want to drop out but i have no alternatives apart from breaking my back working in a warehouse. i genuinely feel like i have no future in this field because i just find the culture and attitude of everyone so repulsive and demotivating.

genuinely at a loss. anyone else dealt with similar stuff? what would u advise me to do?
i can answer any questions/go into more detail as well

i'm not looking for feedback on my work or trying to make friends. i just want to hear what people have to say about this