Art Folders

No.4391363 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I think this board is good for beginners, but it forgets an important aspect to getting good at art. You've got to look at a ton of art. I spend my days browsing through art from all different time periods. I definitely prefer Modern and Contemporary painting, but i can get down with anything really.

Looking at different art can expand your style. Even if you just draw anime it can help. So much of the work that cubists and modernists did led to the styles you see in animation. I can't tell you how many times i've looked at a Picasso drawing and see lines and shapes that are in cartoons.

It's hard to see the 1-1 relationship between the art you consume and getting better, but it helps. So much of art is subconscious, and anything you draw is referencing something else that already exists. Even if you don't like my collection, i highly recommend you look at art by gallery credible artists instead of just "anime-illustrator-4069".

I have a folder with almost 800 jpgs in it if you want to look. it's pretty diverse. A lot of abstract-ish/expressive shit. 95% is by well-established artists that you would learn about in a history class, but i have some internet illustrators in there as well. Most of them have the artists name as the file name, but if not you can just reverse image search it. I got the idea to post my art folder after looking through the academic folder on the IC wiki.

so yeah. Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yogiepfm4dlh1fo/art_Creamer_Jay_Zip.zip/file

If YOU guys have folders of Art stuff, post them. I would LOVE to look at that. As much as I want you guys to get out of your art echo-chamber, I have my own short-sightedness too.

yep.