The Spectacular Spider-Man

No.96632303 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Now that I'm done with this show, some thoughts since my last thread: >>96581383

First of all, basically NOTHING gets resolved except the identity of the major villain. After just how bad this series is overall, that's like adding insult to injury. Also now I get the people complaining about Weisman's cliffhanger problem quite a bit more... I mean, if W.I.T.C.H. had ended even REMOTELY like this I'd probably have screamed at the screen... or something.
Second, the problems I noted from the first season are greatly downplayed... because they're largely written out, and not because they're actually resolved. When we do get to see the "normal" stuff it's just about as bad, except worse because the dating shit is taken to a ridiculous extreme. Young Justice viewers probably recognize that.
Third, the second season is EXTREMELY annoying overall because first we have a bunch of holiday episodes, and then a bunch of episodes with repeated cuts to the play you can barely muster any energy to care about, as a viewer. It's like Weisman was showing off his knowledge of English teaching... even more than with the obscure reference quips in season 1, I mean.

On the positive side, the finale was positively STUNNING in terms of the action. THAT is something other shows NEED to learn from (but probably won't, because action cartoons seem to be dead).

All in all, there's a good reason it's now on my overrated cartoons list. Though to be quite fair every single one of those on the updated list is probably worth just one watch, simply as a cautionary tale of how NOT to write cartoons if nothing else. (Oh, and for the action scenes, in most cases. If only that were enough tho...)