Hickman Offered DC Gig

No.96614099 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>This has been in the works for a long time. But I understand that Jonathan Hickman, who has been working on creator-owned comics since he left Marvel Comics at the end of Secret Wars, has has been in talks with DC Comics. The nature of which has been a long time in the agreeing, but I understand whatever it would be would not be an exclusive deal, leaving Jonathan Hickman open to work on other work-for-hire projects. That could include Marvel.

>As it stands, DC Comics asked Hickman to pitch several things and he has. They have made him an offer. He has yet to accept. But the decision for the man who shepherded Hickman into Marvel Comics from Image Comics, Brian Bendis, to join DC Comics does feel like the fates aligning.

>What the chosen project will be, if he chooses to choose a project at DC, I don’t know. Hickman has a reputation at Marvel for long-planned plotlines that crossed one comic to another taking characters and concepts with them – not dissimilar to what Geoff Johns set up for the Superman comics. Could something similar be planned?