Thor Thread!

No.95898083 ViewReplyOriginalReport
First reactions to Ragnarok are in, all overwhelmingly positive.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_ragnarok/thor-ragnarok-first-reactions-hail-it-as-the-most-fun-marvel-movie-yet-tessa-thompson-steals-the-show-a154381

The obsessive focus on it being "funny" is just deeply depressing to me. They have learned nothing from Age of Ultron (which I liked but still)
As someone who strongly loves Thor: Disassembled, If this film doesn't end with Asgard destroyed with Hela/Surtur having won or Thor doing something drastic to defeat them and tragically destroying Asgard as a side effect, leaving him floating in space as we see in the leaked Infinity War footage then this will be the greatest failure/missed opportunity of the Mcu for me.
They will never get another chance to do something that emotionally powerful, apocalyptic & tragic ever again.
I just can't understand why they would go this route, Disney approved Rogue One having a tragic ending so it can't just be fear of BVS type backlash against "grimdark".

I keep hearing idiots claiming Thor 2 failed because it was too serious, no it failed primary because of the god awful earthbound related humor, the flat villain was secondary. I distinctly recall most reviews back then saying that. Fucking revisionism man to justify near parody bullshit just because Guardian's tone is popular.

At least comic wise, Fem Thor is stabilized at being simply decent & will be over soon.