Priest on Justice League!

No.95353137 ViewReplyOriginalReport
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/09/15/a-watchtower-welcome-christopher-priest-climbs-aboard-justice-league

>Deathstroke, which Priest helped relaunch as part of Rebirth, was nominated for an Eisner this year and has won fans and critical acclaim with thought-provoking stories like the standalone “Chicago” and the current “Defiance” storyline, which finds Slade Wilson seemingly turning over a new leaf.

>“In my initial Deathstroke conversation with Geoff, I suggested that, since we were reimagining Slade Wilson's adventures, why not shape the new book more like what a Deathstroke feature or TV series might look like?” explains Priest. “It is my intent to bring that same sensibility to Justice League, taking a hard “what if these characters actually existed in the real world?” look and working in an area of the series premise that is less frequently tapped.”

>That involves asking some hard and potentially redefining questions about the League itself.

>“Is the Justice League still relevant?” Priest asks. “What are their goals and how do we define them? In the ‘real’ world, how would various societies around the globe view this pantheon of godlike beings?”

>While Priest promises that the world’s greatest super hero team will continue to see plenty of action after he climbs aboard, he’s also particularly interested in look at the dynamics within the team. After all, with such a diverse, different group of heroes working together in highly charged situations, there are bound to be some fireworks.