No.94678278 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.cnet.com/news/marvel-inhumans-fast-and-cheap-director-roel-reine/

>>You wouldn't think box office-dominating Marvel would ever have to worry about schedules or budgets. But the tight timetable and funding for new TV show "Inhumans" saw Marvel and ABC turn to director Roel Reiné for his experience making low-budget action movies in record time.

>>"Inhumans" is the next Marvel saga to leap from page to screen. Following the adventures of moon-dwelling, superpowered royalty banished to Earth, the show was shot on Imax cameras and will premiere in theatres before it's on TV.

>>I caught up with Dutch director Reiné in London, where he told me he was picked for the job because of his vision for the character drama at the heart of the superpowered shenanigans.

>>Reiné's resume also includes a number of low-budget action movies like "Death Race 2" and "The Scorpion King 3", and this experience stood him in good stead. "I think they liked me for the job because I was able with my action movies to shoot in a very short time, or with very low budgets, action that looks like a big-budget movie," he said. "It was not a feature film, it was a TV episode, but they still wanted to have the scope."

>>Time was also a critical factor. "The schedule was super-tight," Reiné laughed. "I had TV schedule time to shoot it with Imax cameras, 20 days to shoot two episodes. It's nerve-wracking but I come from a low-budget film world, so 20 days for me is luxury."