No.94126740 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I think that the "Diversity in Comics" guy (probably a /co/mrade), has a pretty great idea, even if some of the crap that he says comes off a little bit -stupid- (I couldn't hope to sound intelligent though, presenting ideas with the frequency and depth that he does). He presents this "Riri as a villain" story idea and it totally has legs. Evil Iron Heart is in many ways the shot in the arm that SJW????l needs to put at least SOME of the world back on track to better writing. This can come at a time where Doom has clearly turned 180 and become (mostly) a hero, Riri can step into those boots and REALLY become everything that her character LACKS, mostly by being better written and more sympathetic.

He (the DiC-guy) says that she should have a vendetta against the characters surrounding her for being too supportive of everything she does and wrecking her chances to grow and so she's ill-prepared to take on the mid-high level villains that she's thrown at. It would go beyond "growing pains" of a character being able to learn from mistakes because each of her "failures" get reduced by her support network of sycophantic allies. He suggests basically putting her out of commission, but giving her free run of Tony's lab, money, etc. Having her just go a little megalomaniac (but still seeing herself as the hero of her own story -a - la, Victor V. Doom), then basically going all Aria Stark and taking her LIST out one by one. ( I think that Riri should use the Extremis virus in an attempt to fix herself)

Now DiC-guy REALLY hates SJW Marvel, and I don't blame him. The way they treat legacy characters is terrible, same as how they treat their long-time readership. I'm also totally on board with the idea of keeping these replacements in the MU, but relegating them to side-kick/unproven hero roles, and you know, quit killing off the fan favorites.