Marvel Retailer Conference Call - Legacy A Stopgap Before The Next Relaunch?

No.93537961 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Marvel Legacy is the new promotion and not-a-relaunch from Marvel Comics that intends to revive certain classic aspects of Marvel Comics alongside the newer versions.
>Marvel’s superhero comics will also regain their classic numbering, adding up all the different relaunched volumes to create the final figure.
>Generations comics may spin out of Secret Empire but will be one-offs without impacting continuity but may work as perennials to introduce the audience to certain characters.
>They are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other.
>Marvel Legacy renumbering across the range of titles is something akin to a stopgap, and that there will be an actual proper relaunch to come. I would expect new issue ones across the board.
Other than the "no more heroes fighting heroes thing," which I don't trust Marvel at all to stay with for a long period, Legacy continues to sound like complete fucking garbage. The fact that this is likely just another promo to hit certain milestone numbers before the next round of #1s instead of a new status quo and company mantra like Rebirth was is fucking bullishit. It's also apparent they're STILL going to be pushing the replacements but this time with the help of the originals. I can't believe every new piece of information about Legacy somehow gets worse.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/29/marvel-legacy-a-stopgap-before-the-next-relaunch-comicspro-retailer-conference-call-breaks-out/