My Life Me – Screencap etc. Edition – Part 1 of 2

No.90655539 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I finally finished going through this show and making screencaps and webms me so I’m going to celebrate this waste of time by laboriously wasting my time posting all of this shit. It will take two threads. A download link of all posted files will be available at the end.

For the uninitiated, My Life Me is a 2011 Canadian cartoon aired on Teletoon. The series was created to take advantage of the mid-2000s boom in popularity of anime and manga in the USA and Canada and hence uses an imitation anime art style. However, production was delayed due to bankruptcy of its first owner and sale to a new company so by the time the series finally aired the weeaboo fad had passed and the series lost a lot of its reason to exist before even beginning. This may have contributed to the series getting only a single production-run of 52 half-length episodes, although maybe that would have happened anyway. It’s Canadian.

To be clear; This is not a thread about a hidden gem. This show is not good. It’s ugly, badly animated, lazily written mostly with sitcom clichés, and the weeaboo pandering is cringey as fuck. It gained brief currency on /co/ in 2011 because some /co/mrades pretended to like it in order to mock the burst of interest in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic developed for television by Lauren Faust. The gag died down before the containment was enforced.

Any level of enduring interest is mostly because one of the characters is pretty cute in a mediocre pseudo-animu art way and because there’s some fun in mocking it. It has a few genuinely interesting, possibly accidental qualities.

For several years only a few episodes in English were available but recently the entire run was recovered. I’ll leave it someone else to post the link because fuck this show.

Older fags will be horrified to learn that some recent threads have proved that some posters actually have fond memories of watching this show (2011 was six years ago).

Yes, this is autism.