Mike Grell returning to GREEN ARROW in 2017

No.88937372 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>I’m pleased to announce that I will be returning to GREEN ARROW in 2017, just in time to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the release of THE LONGBOW HUNTERS! I will be drawing a dozen variant covers for the series, which is published bi-weekly by DC Comics.

>As anyone who is following this page already knows, GREEN ARROW has always been my favorite comic character and it was the GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW series by Denny O’Neil, Neal Adams and Dick Giordano that inspired me to get into the comic business. After having drawn both characters in backup features, I was fortunate enough to have been in the DC offices when Denny announced he was resurrecting the title. I marched straight into his office and said, “Okay, who do I have to kill?”

>A dozen years later, I returned to Green Arrow with THE LONGBOW HUNTERS, which led to the first series with the character starring in his own title and, ultimately, to the CW series ARROW.

>And now I’m home again.

>Now, if I can just talk DC into letting me write the book… and a hard-cover edition for the 30th anniversary of THE LONGBOW HUNTERS would be nice… and a pony… and a Red Ryder B.B. gun…

>Mike