No.88309673 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I used to have this idea that 'indie' comics were so much better than Big 2 stuff, but then I started reading the comics storytimed by some guy "Dan Dashly" or something and realized that indie comics suck just as much ass as all the rest of the garbage.

>Phonogram the Immaterial Girl
>The Realist

Holy shit they were terrible. I kept reading hoping that at some point the time invested would pay off. Like I was about to be WOW'd at any moment. That the pure, undiluted creative vision of these artists unfettered by any oppressive corporate structure would reach out and grab me. But it never happened. It was garbage through and through. An utter & total waste of time.

WHY DO COMICS SUCK SO BAD AS AN ARTFORM? WHY IS THERE NO MICHELANGELO OF COMICS BOOK CREATORS? If it's not adolescent fantasy its autobiographical wankery. It's seriously an entire medium devoid of greatness. At least when I read books I get that nice feeling of accomplishment on the last page and some neat philosophical insights and a few quotable expressions along the way. With comics the only relief is that it's over followed by the realization that "wow I should have spent that time doing literally anything else". Reading comics is like a bad fap.