Mel Gibson Slams Batman v Superman & Superhero Movies

No.86073465 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Mel Gibson is doing press for his well-received directorial effort Hacksaw Ridge, and during the process, the topic of multimillion-dollar projects, including the superhero genre, happened to come up. In an interview with Deadline, Gibson was asked if these giant films actually required such massive budgets.

>"I don’t believe so. I look at them and scratch my head. I’m really baffled by it. I think there’s a lot of waste, but maybe if I did one of those things with the green screens I’d find out different. I don’t know. Maybe they do cost that much. I don’t know. It seems to me that you could do it for less."

>"Wow, I mean if you’re spending outrageous amounts of money, $180 million or more, I don’t know how you make it back after the tax man gets you, and after you give half to the exhibitors. What did they spend on Batman V Superman that they’re admitting to?"

>When Gibson was told the budget for Warner Bros. expensive superhero flick, the director balked at the $250 million total, which excludes any marketing the studio paid for. He didn't mince words. "And it’s a piece of s***."

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/06/mel-gibson-slams-batman-v-superman/