Marvel Is Losing Ground To DC

No.83857741 ViewReplyOriginalReport
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/17/between-the-panels-marvel-is-losing-ground-to-dc

>I've always gravitated toward Marvel's heroes first and foremost. It was the X-Men (both in comic book and animated form) who sparked my original transition from casual superhero fan to full-fledged comic book geek in the early '90s. And when I returned to the fold after a long absence, books like Ultimate Spider-Man and New X-Men were as responsible as anything for reigniting my love of comics. Even as I've gained a love and appreciation of the many non-superhero comics the medium has to offer, Marvel has always been a crucial part of this hobby.

>That's why it's so strange to come to terms with the fact that my interest in Marvel's comic book output is at a 15-year low these days. There are still current Marvel books I enjoy (All-New Wolverine and Vision being the two standouts), but my overall enthusiasm for the company and its general direction is sorely lacking in 2016. It's hard not to look back on the past 12 months and feel that Marvel peaked with Secret Wars. And on the flip side, I currently find myself more excited for the future of DC than I have in years. One company is losing me even as the other one is hooking me all over again. The balance of power is shifting.