As fireden.net is no longer providing archives for /a/ /v/ or /vg/ the automatic redirect will be disabled after 12/31/2019 (http://b2x5yoqpispzml5c.onion)
No.83177170 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I've been thinking this for a really long time, but this week has really made me come to terms with the fact that I hate DC. I've tried to give them a chance in the past but nothing they've ever made has really interested me. Marvel has offered me stuff like Spiderman, Daredevil, and Punished that I've grown up with, but DCs heroes have always been kiddish and underdeveloped in comparison.

What also gets me is how anal DC fans are. I've noticed that almost all DC fans are social outcasts while the majority of people happily grow up with Marvel. It feels like a really contrarian way to make decisions. With that comes a sense of unwarranted self importance. DC fans like to pretend their books are "smart," and have a lot of guys like Morrison that write a lot of pseud gobbledygook. DC stories are all about being told how smart you are and being meta. Marvel isn't high art but they're good at telling stories about people that act like people.

But what really gets me is that they're always rebooting and pushing events that do nothing but dredge up shit from their past for nostalgia. It's a backwards way of writing that shows that they're creatively bankrupt, and I feel like they hurt ALL comics, not just their own.

What do you think? Why do you hate or like DC?