EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill Star In Animated "Batman: The Killing Joke"

No.80751653 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Following rumors regarding the voice cast of Warner Bros. Animation's upcoming adaptation of "The Killing Joke," CBR News can exclusively confirm that Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill will reprise their roles as Batman and the Joker for the film.

In addition to Conroy and Hamill, who first teamed together as Batman and the Joker in the seminal "Batman: The Animated Series," Tara Strong will voice Barbara Gordon/Batgirl and Ray Wise will voice Commissioner Gordon in "Batman: The Killing Joke."

"The chance to work once again with Kevin Conroy, my favorite Batman, in what some consider the definitive origin of this iconic villain is a dream come true for me," Hamill said in a statement to CBR. "I am beyond thrilled to return as The Joker in 'The Killing Joke!'"

“I’ve had the great privilege of voicing Batman for more than two decades, and some of my favorite moments in the recording booth have been alongside Mark Hamill," Conroy added. "Mark always enables me to be a better actor. I’m thrilled that we’re both back to bring these characters to life in one of the most heralded Batman/Joker stories of all time.”

Written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Brian Bolland, "The Killing Joke" is one of the most iconic and acclaimed Joker stories ever published, along with one of the most controversial, primarily stemming from its depiction of brutal violence against Barbara Gordon.

Hamill first voiced the Joker in the '90s "Batman" animated series, and has returned to the role a number of times over the years, voicing him in the "Arkham" trilogy of video games, as well as the "Justice League" and "Superman" animated series. Conroy began his tenure as Batman with the '90s animated series and has continued through the "Arkham" video games and original animated movies like "Justice League: Doom" and "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies." Conroy has also voiced Batman/Bruce Wayne on "Superman," "Justice League" and "Batman Beyond" among many other projects.