Iron Man

No.78096717 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Bendis spoke about some topic on CBR

On Mary Jane and Spider-Man
>Bendis: With Mary Jane we have this character whose life has been basically been tortured by her super hero interactions. So I kind of like the idea of putting her in this situation as well. I wanted to see what makes her tick outside of the world of Peter Parker, and still have a character who's been a little traumatized by being in that super hero world. We'll get more into that in future issues, but it was very interesting because immediately people were like, "Oh, they're going to date!" Or, "Oh, they're brother and sister!"
>We've talked about this in the past, and I'm not the only writer this happens to. People immediately start writing this story and I haven't written one word of it. They made up an idea and then yelled at me for the idea that's in their head, which I did not put there. [Laughs] You're mad at you! You wrote that bad thing. You can yell at me for the bad things I wrote if you think they're bad, but this thing about Tony and Mary Jane having a baby? You wrote that, so you can be mad at yourself.
> Number two is our second arc is called "War Machines." So you're going to see the return of Rhodey in a big, big way. Peter Parker guest stars. People are quite curious because Peter Parker seems to have taken quite a few pages from the Tony Stark playbook. Meanwhile Tony Stark has been so distracted that he hasn't been playing the Tony Stark playbook. So how does Tony feel about Peter Parker basically doing his act? Some people have wondered if that has anything to do with why Mary Jane is in Tony's life now. So we'll see.