No.77559686 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Year is 2031
>DC comics wants to redesign Zatanna
>Unfortunately due to the landmark court case of Diaz v Nintendo of 2016 all characters that have been previously redesigned by Aaron Diaz must be legally redesigned by him in collaboration with the copyright holder
>Diaz gleefully reveals his version later that decade
>"So while fishnets are generally a sexist design element in female characters, I found the fact that Zatanna is in control of her sex appeal in the way that she uses it to make a living empowering, so I chose to include them.
>However these are not actually stockings, but positronic nets that are a piece of her cyborg body, as her magic is now actually futuristic reality warping technology
>Her wand is now a part of her body that retracts from her robotic left arm, I've drawn her wand hand as more robotic to reflect that.
>I've given her hat some gears and circuitry to show that it is the mechanical source of her 'magic' but also to reflect that she is from the far future, but spent time in the Victorian era before coming to the current period in the DCU.
>Her Bowtie has been replaced with a vaguely bow shaped mechanical interface port where she can hook herself into 21st century technology
>Overall I think this design does a great job keeping true to the spirit of Zatanna while also giving her a much needed modern update."
You could have stopped this /co/. Diaz must be stopped.