DYNAMITE'S VAMPIRELLA/DRACULA: UNHOLY

No.125812567 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Dynamite Entertainment has announced Vampirella/Dracula: Unholy, continuing Christopher Priest's Vampirella saga continues this holiday season with the now married Daughter of Drakulon traveling to Dracula's castle to cheat fate/

>The story picks up from Vampirella #25, but the backstory behind these events goes back much longer.

>Artist Donny Hadiwidjaja.

>"We've kept Dracula off the board, from day one, because I'd planned to do this," Priest said. "One of my first requests to Dynamite, 'No Drac for the first year, please.' When we bring Dracula into our series, we need that to be an event. I realize how over-used a claim it is but, trust me, you'te in for the trippiest love triangle/murder mystery in Dracula history, as well as an all-new vision for the classic character. It's really tough to hype this book without blowing major plot twists. Donny and I are having a real blast with this."

>"This is a Dracula story like no other. Defeated at the hands of a jealous lover, the genetic code of the Lord of Evil has been preserved within a deadly virus and passed on through generations to a young boy hunted by zealots seeking to worship him and religious fanatics trying to kill him. Saved from certain death by Vampirella, the creeping genetic time bomb was arrested, only to become active again twenty years later as the Dracula Virus begins feeding on its human host. Vampirella comes to his aid again, enacting an archaic blood rite which joins her in unholy matrimony to the man who would become Dracula.

>"The newlyweds must now travel to the ancestral lands of Transylvania to discover more about themselves, each other, and the twisted history that has lead them to this point. Plus, blood rituals. No event series has been this pivotal to Vampirella's world since another 25th issue lead to her death 25 years ago."

>Cover artists for the book include Adam Hughes, Lucio Parrillo, Rose Besch, Shannon Maer, KyuYong Eom, Greg Hildebrandt and cosplayer Ani-Mia.