No.124669724 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I finished watching it. It was not very good from a story perspective. They completely threw away whatever characterization that Teela had and just wrote her as a generic mean scowler who gets mad at others but never allows them any defense outside of her own perspective. Another issue with Teela is the voice. Every other characters' lines are written and delivered to fit the pulp fantasy setting, and even though they didn't bring back any of the original VAs to reprise their roles the new cast did a very good job ensuring that these characters had a proper voice to reflect their roles in the world. But whenever Teela said anything, she sounded like she was from a modern times family sitcom instead of Eternia, and every line was completely barren of emotion even during extremely emotional scenes visually. I'm saying a lot about the voice but she has most of the dialogue in the series, so after seeing every episode it became grating to hear the whole time and detracted heavily from my enjoyment.
There's also a few big glaring plot holes to central elements being disregarded entirely in order for each episode to try and leave you shocked with whatever cliffhanger they had up, so be prepared to slog through that too. On the other hand, the animation during the action is very good and, despite the cgi thrown in, the animation studio has definitely improved a lot from their previous Netflix shows. I even went back to watch them since it's clearly the best part. If only they lasted longer than they did.