G.I. JOE ORIGINS: SNAKE EYES Character Posters

No.123717208 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Henry Golding stars as Snake Eyes, a tenacious loner who is recruited into an ancient Japanese clan, the Arashikage, after saving the life of their heir apparent. Upon arrival in Japan, the Arashikage teach Snake Eyes the ways of the ninja warrior while also providing something he’s been longing for: a home. But, when secrets from his past are revealed, Snake Eyes’ honor and allegiance will be tested – even if that means losing the trust of those closest to him.

>The film will chronicle the rise of Snake Eyes and show how he becomes the elite but silent member of G.I. Joe. Though there's no guarantee the movie will follow the usual path of past G.I. Joe stories, as we already know we'll be seeing a lot of Snake Eyes' face.

>“Let's just say he wasn't born with a mask. There's always a beginning,” Golding told IGN. “And the importance for giving complexity to such an iconic character, I think drove us to be able to allow him to express himself because I don't think we were able to see that in the comic books. We weren't able to understand the hardships that got him to be who he is, the decisions that were made, the hurdles that had to be overcome, the wrong, the right. And we see all of that within this film. Perhaps he isn't the best of guys in the beginning, perhaps his motivations aren't true. But what he goes through with the Arashikage Clan puts him back on the right track.”