We're No Better or Other Stupid Tropes

No.122418007 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I fucking hate the trope of the heroes not killing the villains who still are and would remain threats to everyone and everything around them and routinely harm innocents because of the dumb idea that taking the life of one bad guy will somehow make them the same.

If someone put a bullet in the Joker's head, Gotham and the entire world would be an objectively safer place to live in. The person who did it doesn't become as bad as the Joker who terrorizes, murders and torments thousands of people every year with his crimes and constant escapes from Arkham.

I understand that there is a potential problem with super powered beings being the ones who act as judge jury and executioner. But in the case of the Joker, there's no excuse not to. It's not like Captain Boomerang or Catwoman. And if the heroes did kill the major threats that are unrepentant monsters then other villains would understand that there is a line that you don't cross.

Flash's Rogue Gallery figured that out. They play by certain rules and as a result so does the Flash. They don't kill, they don't cause needless destruction and the Flash doesn't go back in time and prevent them from being born or his them at 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x the speed of light and obliterate them before they had a chance to react.

I would love to see a series where a new hero in a city kills the ultraviolent people, maybe even kills the Joker when they come to cause trouble in his city and the Justice League is pissed but they can't do anything because the governor pardoned the crime because they understood the threat that someone like Joker could cause and are willing to accept that some bad bad people have to be stopped for good.

Image related because apparently the Autobots understand.

What are some other tropes you hate with a passion because of how dumb they are and how dumb they think you have to be as a reader to believe in them.