Scott Snyder explains how Dark Nights: Death Metal sets up DC is all about for 2021 and beyond

No.120138093 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Most interesting bits
>There were moments when we weren't sure if we were going to do something as confluence as Infinite Frontier as we went along with the event. But the fact that DC and Warner Bros. elevated Marie, who is both a dear friend and an incredibly talented and qualified person to be our captain really made everything fit perfectly just because she's been our editor on Death Metal. It's about honoring this great comic book history, honoring creators of the past, honoring stories of the past, and then using that history as a foundation to build something even more expansive, daring, and bold going forward.

>Nrama: Why did you choose Wally, who seems cured of his omnipotence, as sort of the everyman who gets the explanation of all the new DCU architecture?
>Snyder: Because I think he's a character who a lot of people love, I love as well, as a Flash. And yet he's been really elastically pulled in different directions over the last year to try and make him something darker and almost more substantive in a cosmic way then he was originally intended.
>We have really big plans for him that I can't reveal yet, but that are in Infinite Frontier that deposit him as the kind of restorative character of the story.

> I'm starting to take a bit of a backseat for a while. I have two big projects at DC that I'm doing in 2021

>My feeling is what we wanted to do with it was say that every story that happened in mainline continuity, not on another Earth - not like Red Son, for example, which has always existed on a separate Earth, an 'Elseworld' story for Superman - but every story that happened on our Earth in various eras is now remembered in one way or another by these characters.

https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-snyder-explains-how-dark-nights-death-metal-shows-what-dc-is-all-about-for-2021-and-beyond/