"I Got Screwed" – Alex Ross On DC Comics and Kingdom Come

No.119381900 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/screwed-alex-ross-dc-comics-kingdom-come/

>Co-creator of Marvels and Kingdom Come, Alex Ross, appeared on John Sientres' essential podcast Word Balloon in a video interview. In which he stated his displeasure that he is no longer getting paid for designs and character concepts he and Mark Waid created for Kingdom Come and other ideas they've used on the CW TV shows based on DC Comics titles. He states;

>"Well, the thing is they were borrowing my Superman costume but it was only to get (Brandon Routh) in, as his version of Superman and the truth of the matter was they must not have been able or willing to do a deal based upon the production he was part of with Brian Singer. Presumably that they didn't want to have to pay out to them."

>"So instead I got screwed. They didn't pay me or Mark (Waid) … I don't see any money for the Wonder Woman movie using my armour or… I designed Batwoman for heaven sakes, and she's got a whole damn show."

>"But you know these are some the issues that I have not working with Warner Bros. anymore. You know they can recycle my content and they used to pay. And I'm not kidding, they paid a year ago for different things that were kind of "discretionary bonuses" is how they called it. Where they give you a gift of money, so that you're not out there effectively complaining like I'm doing right now. I got taken advantage of."