Kate Mara Reflects On "Horrible Experience" Working on FANTASTIC FOUR

No.118990703 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>"I had a horrible experience on FANTASTIC FOUR. I’ve never talked about it before. I married one of my co-stars, so I don’t regret doing the movie at all. But do I wish I had responded differently to certain things? Yes, definitely."

>"The fact of the matter is that my two most horrendous experiences were with male directors. Have I not gotten along with a female director? Absolutely. And was it not the greatest work experience? Sure. But there was never a time that I felt, 'This is happening because I’m a woman.' Where with these male directors, it 100% was only happening with me; it was a power dynamic thing."

>"The thing that I always go back to on that one is that I think I should have followed my instincts more. Like when my gut was telling me, 'You probably shouldn’t let that slide, what that person just said.' But, because it was such a big movie and again, usually, except in this case, when you’re in a big superhero movie they usually do incredibly well, like almost always. So even if it’s challenging or not everything’s perfect, it’s probably good for you to do it. That was what I was being told and also was telling myself. And I don’t regret doing it at all, but do regret not having stood up for myself."

https://collider.com/fantastic-four-kate-mara-regrets/