No.117588312 ViewReplyOriginalReport
You know why animation won't have gay characters, but lesbians are common now? Here's why that will never change anytime soon:
>First
Lesbianism is seen as being nowhere as severe as being gay. Why this is, I'm not certain. I can only imagine the old fashioned want to have the family name continue, as well as women not being seen as important back in the day, made lesbianism at worst an embarrasment rather then a crisis to those against homosexuality.
>Second
Religious fundamentalists target homosexuals due to religious text, but even Islam and Christianity skip over lesbians in general. Probably, once again, due to them not being equal in the past.
>Third
Societal expectations of a woman having to be feminine are incredibly lower than the expectations of men having to be mascaline. A man not being what people see as mascaline will be seen as weak. A woman being mascaline is a strong woman.

So if a major company wants to piss off the religious and scare parents into thinking little Billy will act out of gender roll for a man and get the shit kicked out of him at school for it, they can go right ahead. The only reason there has been so many lesbian characters is it's an easy pander with good return and low risk.

Thank you for reading my blog.