DC's aims for "increasingly diverse global fans"

No.117570045 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>DC's new general manager aims to "leverage the cultural power" of company for "increasingly diverse global fan base"

>"I've been a huge DC fan since I first discovered the joy of comics from my father, who collected Shazam oversized comics from the '70s," Cherry writes on LinkedIn. "I am standing on the shoulders of giants like Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson, Bill Finger, Bob Kane, Neal Adams, Harry Lampert, and so many others. I'm especially proud to be continuing the legacy of fellow Ohioan and Cleveland native Jerry Siegel, who created Superman.

>"While always respecting the past, I also think it's our responsibility to leverage the cultural power of DC Comics and our characters to entertain and inspire an increasingly diverse global fan base," Cherry says. "Comics have the unique power to create resonant imagery and narratives that can move the world toward a better, more inclusive version of itself."

>In his Twitter bio, Cherry describes himself as a "creative optimist" and "strategic realist," and in this LinkedIn post he expresses excitement at the potential DC has going forward.

"It's my sincere hope that I am able to contribute and help evolve the brand and increase its relevance and impact for generations to come. #DCComics #SuperHeroes #DreamJob #DCFanDome #DCEU #ExperienceOverTheory"

>https://www.gamesradar.com/dcs-new-general-manager-aims-to-leverage-the-cultural-power-of-company-for-increasingly-diverse-global-fan-base/

Press F for DC