No.116831029 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Superman flying through Metropolis on night spots a tubby, balding man on top of a sky scraper standing on the ledge smoking a cigarette with a sad look on his face
>supes flies over to help the poor guy out and to talk him out of committing suicide
Oh. I'm not here to kill myself. I'm just getting an eyeful of this universe before it is gone.
>through a long back and forth the man explains he is the most powerful being in the multiverse by a ridiculous margin. He has a counterpart that is a distant second to him in power but other than himself nothing can stand against him.
>the resulting battles they had when they were young broke whatever universe they inhabited. Neither wanted that outcome. He is content to live in a universe, the other seeks to conquer it.
>a deal was reached. If he has a direct connection to the universe, the other isn't allowed to interfere with it. If he doesn't, the other is free to do as he will.
>he has spent eons going to universe after universe, gaining a spouse in each one and having children. He left at the death of his wife but as long as his wife or progeny existed, the universe was safe from conquest.
>this is the first universe where he was rebuffed by every super being he approached who would have made a good potential spouse
>the tale ends with the arrival of the other.

So, what super heroine or super villainess would've been cool with a total slob of a human for boyfriend material?