>>115918646>>115918727>>115918876> Gem origins
Almost everything "deep" that's known was revealed during Steven and Lars walking through the underground of Homeworld. Working our way down to that level:
- Homeworld's surface is entirely reflective, the entire surface of the planet could be considered one massive urban super-structure or super-city No natural terrain feature is directly visible.
- Homeworld is cracked in half but still maintains what's presumed to be a stable orbit around a star of some kind due to a day/night cycle. Technology may be keeping the planet "together" despite being shattered.
- Atmosphere and temperature exists at levels comfortable to humans and other alien life. This is in spite of a complete lack of biosphere, so the atmosphere is likely being maintained by machines. This atmosphere does not produce rain as stated by Peridot, so either weather control systems exist or the relationship between the star, the planet and the atmosphere is too weak to generate even weak weather. Every weather feature could be localized, or Peridot just didn't get out much.
- The majority of gem structures are built directly onto the true surface of homeworld, and are not entirely magical floating rocks.
- The true surface is utterly barren and moon like, devoid of any flora or fauna, except maybe microbes.
- There are statues of what appear to be fusion gems discarded beneath the modern structures of homeworld. Because geology has apparently stopped due to the planet cracking and absence of rain, these statues could be original works from a time prior to Era 1.
- Gemglyph is present on the kindergardens, and the resource mining is extensive to the point of hollowing out the planet. Either this is what caused the planet to be shattered, or the planet was cracked in order to facilitate more efficient mining.