Discussing Kamala's powers

No.115580819 ViewReplyOriginalReport
This was being talked about in a prior thread >>115560715 but it locked before I could continue talking about it, as I think it's an interesting topic.

So far, we know that Kamala Khan:
>Is able to perfectly transform herself into any shape at any large or small size, such as other people or even more nonstandard forms like a sofa.
>Is able to shapeshift any matter in direct contact with her (i.e. her clothes). Presumably only applies to non-living matter.
>Maintains proportionate mass and strength as she changes sizes. This functions by transferring mass between herself and other Kamala Khans throughout time and space.
>Isn't invincible; she can still get hurt and die, but her powers can shapeshift injuries away quickly. This seems to be an automated bodily function and will be interrupted if she uses her powers for something else.
>Functions on caloric intake. She needs to eat a lot to fuel her powers and will be very limited on an empty stomach.

By all means, she seems to be one of the higher-end shapeshifters in comics, but is constantly held back by writers who likely don't want to have to properly balance her powers against whatever their plots are about. As a result, she's often the victim of nerfs and excuses that keep her limited solely to stretchy punches and some light shrinking. The current writer seems to be trying to mix it up a bit with more variety in her punches (forming maces and blades), but it still feels like there could be a lot more done with her that nobody in Marvel wants to bother with.