It was good, but once you get into adulthood, the plot holes are hard to ignore
1. Aku is born from the void of space, 3 ancient Gods decide to attack immediately without prompt
2. Aku chills in the dirt for eons. When he awakens for the first time he speaks perfect english....in japan...where everyone speaks english, because amerikuh
3. The Gods give the Emperor a magic sword instead of finishing the job themselves
4. The sword doesnt even kill Aku, it just binds him to where-ever you stab the ground
5. Aku awakens from an eclipse because unspoken magic reasons
6. The emperor prepares for his son to become a samurai, who btw isnt even wearing samurai clothes
7. Aku uses a portal to send Jack to the future instead of the past where he can die with the dinosaurs.
8. JACK GETS HIS NAME FROM A RANDOM STREET GANG. WHY DID HE NOT HAVE A NAME UNTIL NOW?
9. Aku uses a fuck ton of robots in spite of all the various evils he could unleash
10. Jack is infinitely unprepared for everything throughout the whole series, and even procrastinates on everything. He climbs a snowy mountain in a robe and underpants for crying out loud
10. He saves some monks who would have been fine had he jumped through the portal to kill aku and erase that timeline.
11. whats a time paradox? lol
12. Jacks wife waits until getting married to vanish from the timeline, but jack doesnt vanish even though he was present in the events of the future. it would have made more sense to come back to before he left, leaving two jacks to defeat aku, and the younger one to survive
12. Aku having so much goddamn power could have killed jack so many goddamn times in the show, like he could shapeshift into a worm, crawled into his ear when he was asleep, and just eat his brain. BAM dead samurai.