No White People In The Avatar Universe

No.114333138 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I know someone who works in casting.
Obviously the whole thing has been put mostly on hold due to Covid19. But there are still some Skype casting auditions going on, and some cast members have been chosen already.

One thing I was surprised to hear is that there are going to be NO and I mean NO white people in the Netflix adaptation.

Now, that might make sense because in the show everyone is either Asian or native american.

However, I've heard that there will be Black People, Latinos and other races in the adaptation playing certain characters. But no white people. Not a single one.

I asked if that was because of racial tensions and the guy I know who works in casting said it was because the shows creators, Bryke, said that "there are no white characters in the Avatar universe, but there are all other races"

I couldn't find them saying that online but apparently that's what one of them said.

And it's true, there are no white characters in Avatar. The swamp benders sound like rednecks, but even they are POC. They are initially from the water tribe.

I've been re-watching the series and I've noticed there are loads of characters Black and Lations can play.

One of the Rough Rhinos, Thud, Loads of earth-kingdom villagers.

So it's basically the case that Avatar TLA Netflix will have no white people in it, intentionally, but it will have all other races.

Thoughts? You can ask me any questions if you want but I've pretty much told you all I know.