No.113798546 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Don't you understand, Batman? Hope is exclusively found on the side of the weak. The losing side. People are touched by underdog stories. Slaying Goliath, the weaker team winning a game... The majority of society is made up of the weak and untalented. They are inspired by such tales. And it's because hope shines bright in the face of despair that I've released all of Arkham's most dangerous criminals back into the streets of Gotham. As they terrorize and cause havoc, the people's hope will no doubt come together as they fight to prevail over this immeasurable amount of despair. It's during times of crisis like this that the biggest hopes bloom forth, and if they can't make it so...then you'll be there to pick up the slack and rescue them.

>YOU, Batman. You will become not only a symbol of justice and fear, but also one of hope. You will be the one to bring absolute hope to Gotham, which is why I feel no remorse in becoming despair myself...because no matter how big the despair, hope will always win in the end. And the bigger the despair itself, the even greater the hope that shines as a result will be.