What Was Anna's Role In Frozen II?

No.112337812 ViewReplyOriginalReport
When Frozen II was announced, I was hoping Disney would redeem themselves by improving Anna's character and giving her a moment to shine in Elsa's movie. But alas, Anna gets overshadowed again. And also what was Anna's role in Frozen II? A lot of people think she's a pointless, useless character and is pushed to the side along with the other main characters except Elsa. Don't take my word for it, take theirs':

Edward Lafferty
3 weeks ago (edited)
Would have been better if the film showed just Elsas journey - everything else was filler, every other character from Frozen One was unneeded and did/contributed nothing

MGTOW Monk
5 days ago
They made Kristoff into a beta male simp. Anna didn't need to be in the movie, this was Elsas story. Included Anna to sell toys I guess.

Happy Lim
3 days ago
@Evelyn L. honestly, I dont want what she did to change. I just wish the movie didnt try to convince us that anna is just as important as Elsa cuz honestly, shes not. Her destroying the bridge and risking Arendelle being destroyed and then her being crowned queen of the kingdom she was willing to sacrifice is another thing that felt rlly weird to me.

Also, what the heck does Anna get? I get this is about Elsa and her journey. But if the movie says Anna is "the other half of the bridge", what does she get? Nothing?

Elsa gets the powers, she gets to bond with all the Spirits, and MEET HER DECEASED MOTHER.

Anna doesn't really get much other than just becoming queen with a lackluster outfit.

I don't get why Anna has to be promoted if everyone continues to give her TRASH. Like seriously, why does Disney have to do Anna dirty like this?!