Director Terry Gilliam says Black Panther is "bullshit"

No.112158964 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>If you're wearing a hat today, you might want to hold onto it, because acclaimed filmmaker Terry Gilliam has recently shared his impassioned thoughts about Marvel's Oscar-nominated BLACK PANTHER, and they ain't pretty.
>Gilliam, who in the past has directed two of my favorite films of all time, THE FISHER KING and FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS, recently spoke with Indiewire about the long and troubled production of his most recent feature: THE MAN WHO KILLED DON QUIXOTE. And while waxing rhapsodic about Quixote's production woes, casting conundrums, budgetary constraints and other, more personal troubles, including a stroke, Gilliam eventually aired his grievances related to Marvel films that he believes are partially to blame for today's struggling film market.
>"I hated Black Panther," Gilliam told IndieWire. "It makes me crazy. It gives young black kids the idea that this is something to believe in. Bullshit. It’s utter bullshit. I think the people who made it have never been to Africa. They went and got some stylist for some African pattern fabrics and things. But I just I hated that movie, partly because the media were going on about the importance of bullshit."