The Green Lantern team previews 'season 2' of their mind-blowing comic

No.111335103 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Right now, there are no Green Lanterns protecting Earth. While DC’s flagship Green Lantern comic is currently on hiatus, the miniseries Green Lantern: Blackstars is portraying a world where the Green Lanterns no longer exist. Hal Jordan, the longest-serving character to hold the Green Lantern mantle, was forced to wish his own organization out of existence at the end of last month’s The Green Lantern #12. But rest assured, things will be back to normal soon enough, and when they resume, writer Grant Morrison and artist Liam Sharp have an even crazier “season 2” planned for The Green Lantern. You can see some exclusive preview pages below.

>“We know each other’s strengths now,” Morrison tells EW. “I know what Liam can do, so it’s seeing how far to the limits I can push that. For me it’s a great book because if we were doing Spider-Man we’re stuck in New York, with the Daily Bugle and the supporting cast. With Green Lantern you can go anywhere. It’s like Doctor Who where we can go anywhere in space or time, the future or past, alien planets. It’s wide open for just continually surprising yourself and coming up with novel ways to do it.”

Over its first year, The Green Lantern distinguished itself by combining Morrison’s characteristically bonkers storytelling and intimate knowledge of arcane DC lore with Sharp’s mind-blowing visuals reminiscent of prog rock album covers and classic sci-fi pulps. When the series began, Morrison told EW that it would focus on “day-to-day life” of a space cop, but by the third issue Hal was arresting the Biblical God. There were one-off issues, such as a brief team-up with Hal’s old ally Green Arrow, but also an overarching story arc about the machinations of the Blackstars, culminating in the events of the current miniseries.

https://ew.com/books/2019/11/14/grant-morrison-liam-sharp-green-lantern-season-two-comic-preview/