How would you fix Total Drama?

No.110968176 ViewReplyOriginalReport
You got a call from CN to write a new Total Drama show, but rather than a new season, you are appointed to write a complete reboot. So I ask of you, /co/, how would you fix this series? Here's a few ideas I have.

Island:
> Vote off Courtney first. Ezekiel's sexism is a consequence of his rural home school upbringing and he doesn't act like a sexist since season 1
> Give Sadie more character after Katie's elimination
> Keep the original idea from Camp TV and pair Geoff with Gwen, no love triangle shenanigans
> Give Lindsay, Leshawna, DJ and Duncan proper eliminations
> Heather and Gwen finale, Owen is a boring character with crazy amount of plot armor (why he wasn't voted off in the cooking challenge is beyond me). It's telling that the best finale Total Drama has had was Cameron vs Lightning

Action:
> Heather doesn't compete since the start
> Justin being more antagonistic, Courtney does not compete in that season at all
> Owen doesn't come back at all
> Harold and Duncan finale, Beth was pretty meh the whole season and Duncan helped make the season shit. Harold (and Lindsay) carried this show

World Tour:
> There's 18 contestants since the beginning so having 3 teams can result in all of them with the same amount of members: 6
> Everyone sings in each episode
> Make DJ less wimpy and annoying
> Don't drop Sierra's awareness of the way the show works in mid-season
> Change the elimination order so Team Victory isn't wiped out consecutively
> No double eliminations.
> No feral Zeke
> Get rid of Heather in the first challenge, and make Eva the protag of this season cause Heather sticking around for too long led to long-lasting issues with the franchise (why the hell wouldn't everyone unanimously vote her off at the very first chance)

That's all I have in mind so far.