I saw the new Scooby Doo movie "SCOOB!"

No.110880077 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I saw a preview screening of the new Scooby Doo movie "SCOOB!"

It was horrible. Here's everything I can remember.

Shaggy and Scooby meet when they're kids in Venice, CA. Shaggy has no friends but meets Scooby Doo (and names him). On Halloween they meet the rest of the gang also as kids and they solve their first "mystery" in a spooky old house that turns out to be a front for a guy stealing electronics equipment. They all become friends and there's a montage of them beating a bunch of the classic monsters from the show and getting the Mystery Machine (still as kids, weirdly), then we jump to today.

Fred hires a business analyst named something Epstein (weird) who tells them Shaggy and Scooby are dead weight and they don't help the team. Everyone agrees with him and Shaggy and Scooby storm off to go bowling (which they say is where those two always hang out and they're really good at bowling. Don't remember that from the show). Then a bunch of cute robots attack and Scooby and Shaggy get abducted by a huge ship which turns out to belong to the Blue Falcon and Dynomutt. Only it's not really the Blue Falcon, it's his son voiced by Mark Wahlberg who has taken up the mantle after his dad retired. From this point on it's basically a Blue Falcon movie that Scooby and Shaggy are in. He's a loud mouth idiot who makes a ton of mistakes and is a coward but learns to be a hero in a very MCU way. Dynomutt is played by Ken Jeong and is stiffer and nerdier to make them more of an odd couple.