No.109810458 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sorry for another Steven Universe thread, but I just had an epiphany. Steven is Superman. Strength, invulnerability, flight, but more than that, he embodies and champions certain unwavering ideals. I'm not sure how to put them into words but this is it perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEdu1wekcIc

That scene where he's effortlessly blocking everything Spinel does, but not attacking back, just trying to talk sense into her, it reminded me of scenes where Superman has done that exact kind of thing. "Yeah, go ahead and take your frustration out on me, I can take it, and I'll be here to help when you're done" That's such an iconic trait of his.

And the fact that his only thoughts when he's nearly spent and burned out are "I can still move, I have to help" and when he realizes he can heal the whole world by kissing it one goddamn square foot at a time, he actually resolves to do it, even though its ridiculous, because who else can?

Nobody seems to be able to get Supes quite right in films for some reason, but take notes DC, this is how Superman would be done right, the exact character right fucking here. Minus singing.