Not him but,
Steven Universe is unironically the centerist's moving manchild drawing, once you get past the friendly color palette and oh-so-progressive veneer.
It's a polar opposite to reddit's favorite R&M. The protagonist is relentlessly positive instead of cynical. Emotionally open instead of distant and callous. Sincere and passionate instead of edgy, mocking, and pop-nihilistic.
It's a quietly graypilled show pretending to be modern leftist.
- The mature paternal figure for Steven is his father, all three mothers are messes.
- The Big Enemy is an authoritarian matriarchal cult of personality involved in every aspect of their citizens lives while the heroes could be called libertarian or eco-terrorists, who want to be left alone.
- Any revolution, no matter how justified does harm to, ahem, both sides.
- The show revolves around the fat little jew boy getting the scales torn off his eyes about his supposedly benevolent mother figure and all the dark shit she did that no one talks about (History being rewritten by the victors).
- Gems are shown trying to suppress the truth constantly. Steven finally gets sick of their shit and demands to be told the truth or act to uncover it himself.
- The Human Zoo is basically a chapo hugbox utopia and shown in the most uncomfortable light compared with living in the real world and dealing with life to follow your own goals. "I have the map, and I steer the ship."
- Tankie-Gem is shown as unhinged for planning to murder the shit out of her "upper crust" enemies which deadens the whole by-any-means necessary mentality (Also has dreads, which is hilarious). Also was unironically gulaged and water-commissar'd by her leader for her trouble.
- Greg is never shown as a villain despite cucking the shit out of Pearl the turbo-lesbian and heteroing.com
the prime-mover of the plot.