The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl ending with issue 50

No.107751066 ViewReplyOriginalReport
It's not getting cancelled per se, the creative team says that they've told all of the stories they wanted to tell and are ending on their own terms.

>“I’m proud that we got a Squirrel Girl book that ran for 58 issues and an OGN,” says North. “I’m proud that the character became popular enough to be the core of a cartoon series (Marvel Rising); a novel spin-off series (Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World and Squirrel Girl: 2 Fuzzy 2 Furious); a TV show pilot (New Warriors); and a director’s cut of Avengers: Endgame wherein it is revealed that the master of illusion Mysterio simply made it APPEAR like it was a rat who stepped on that control panel that accidentally freed Ant-Man from the Quantum Realm at the start of Endgame—thereby becoming directly responsible for saving half of all life on Earth—when it was actually a very special squirrel in a pink bow that did it with full intentionality. I can only assume this special Correct Edition Blu-Ray is being released soon.”

>“But the truth of the matter is that when you’re working on a character in a shared universe, you only have a little time with her, and then someone else will take over,” says North. “It’s a little like being a parent and watching your kid go off to school for the first time—you’ve done all you can, and you’ll always be in their corner, but now it’s up to them. All you can hope to do—and it’s something I hope we’ve achieved—is to leave your mark on the character in some way. I think Doreen Allene Green is a different person now, 5 years later, than she was when we started with her way back when, and I’m so proud of who she is now.”

>https://aux.avclub.com/the-squirrel-girl-team-says-goodbye-on-its-own-terms-in-1834952104