No.107276345 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>The Batman Who Laughs isn’t finished playing with DC’s superheroes yet.

>This alternate reality version of Batman was first introduced in the successful comic book miniseries Dark Nights: Metal as a Batman who has become transformed into an immoral villain through exposure to Joker toxin. Not only will this version of Bruce Wayne continue to terrorize the DC Universe with a previously unannounced extension to his current miniseries, but he’ll also be the threat at the center of an all-new Batman and Superman team-up comic book series launching in August.

>Scott Snyder and Jock’s The Batman Who Laughs series will now run seven issues instead of six, leading into the new Batman/Superman title created by Josh Williamson (The Flash, Justice League/Suicide Squad) and David Marquez (Marvel’s Civil War II, Avengers), with the latter making his DC debut on the title. (A preliminary cover for the final issue of The Batman Who Laughs can be seen at the end of this story.)
For Marquez, who calls the new series “a great opportunity,” the first issue of Batman/Superman won’t just mark his first work for the company after almost a decade of Marvel material; it’ll also be the first release as part of his new exclusive contract with DC.

>“I've been very fortunate that in a relatively short career I'd been able to work on some big projects,” the artist told Heat Vision. “When I heard the possibility of working with DC, I wasn't sure I wanted to do more work-for-hire stuff after wrapping up with Marvel. They really kind of had to sell me on the idea of doing the series.”

>Initially, Marquez had planned to follow his Marvel work with a new project he’d create and own, he explained, but the scope of Batman/Superman — and the chance to collaborate for the first time with Williamson, whom he’d known for years — changed his mind.